Monday, April 6, 2009

Back In Alabama

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees in Livingston, Louisiana, high 49 degrees in Coker, Alabama, mostly cloudy skies, windy

We had another good day of travel, with heavy traffic that moved along without any delays. The wind blew steadily, but came at us from an angle that did not make driving difficult. Arriving in Coker before 1500 hours, it took us about 15 minutes to set up the RV. I still have to install the sewer hose, but that can wait a few days, since we usually travel with empty tanks.

The biggest problem I had with setting up the RV was getting a decent satellite TV signal. The signal would come in strong, then be lost completely. Finally, I realized that the connections were what was giving me problems. After cutting off a few inches of the cable and putting new connections on, the signal was good. I guess six years is the lifetime of a connection, because that's how long it has been since they were installed.

Tonight, our daughter Terri and grandson Thomas came over to visit and see the new RV. We had a good visit and dinner with them.

Remember a post I made a few weeks ago about me and wearing short pants? I said at that time if I started wearing shorts, winter was over. I am here to officially eat my words. Since that post, I have worn my shorts several days, but we have had some really cold days, also. Here in Coker tonight, there is a freeze warning. That doesn't sound like winter's over, does it?

We have much to do in the next few days. I hope the weather warms up.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Austin, Texas: City of the Violet Crown

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: