Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roof Cleanup Started

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 72 degrees, clear skies - the kind of day I could stand all the time

I'm still trying to decide where to permanently mount our air card antenna on the new RV. In the meantime, I decided to place it on the ladder leading to the roof. This location puts the antenna about 12 feet up in the air, and I noticed an increase in the signal strength of about 10%. This means moving around on the Internet is faster. It's not 3G speed, but it's better than dialup.

I checked the water heater bypass valve area again for leaks, and so far, so good. Everything is still dry. I'll give it another day or two, then put everything back together.

When we were in Bay City, we were parked beneath some beautiful old oak trees. It was a nice setting, but when it rained, oak stained water would drip onto the RV. I was able to keep the sides clean, but couldn't do anything about the roof. Today, I decided to use a little water in a bucket and a rag to see if I could get the stains out of the roof material. Imagine my surprise when I started wiping the roof and the stains came off easily. It must be the new roof material that is making it easy to clean up. Over the course of about 45 minutes, I cleaned the stains off about a third of the roof. I'll do more tomorrow, and should finish in a day or two.

The University of Alabama is the flagship university of Alabama, having an excellent reputation for academics. Many people identify the university through it's major college football program, which has won many national championships. The team has been going through spring practice, which ends on Saturday with the annual A Day. A Day is a chance for the public to see what the team is going to look like in the fall, meet the players and coaches, and attend the last team scrimmage. People are already coming into town for the game, and it is expected 90,000 people will be at the game. There is no better indication of the pride and loyalty that people in the south feel for their favorite college football team than what will be happening here this weekend. I think I'll stay at home on Saturday so I won't have to fight the traffic. Or at least stay away from Tuscaloosa.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Miami Beach, Florida: America's Riviera

Not all who wander are lost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The University of Alabama may have an excellent reputation for academics (debatable), but unfortunately has NO real engineering school.

War Eagle

Jerald said...

I'll bet I know who posted this. How's things going, Tim?

Jerald

Anonymous said...

Good, You guys planning for Alaska soon? Let me know when you return to our area.

Tim