Monday, April 13, 2009

Storm Last Night

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies

We had a humdinger of a storm pass through the area last night. Heavy rain, lightning, thunder, and sustained winds of greater than 40 mph with gusts to 58 mph. Several trees were knocked down across the area, with many limbs on the ground. We're expecting another front and more rain tonight, but it should not be as bad as last night. Why does it seem that the worse weather occurs at night when you can't see what's going on?

The new RV seems to handle storms like last night pretty well. It did not shake as much as the old one used to, and Carolyn slept through just about all of it. I, on the other hand, seemed to be awake for most of the storm because I sleep so lightly. Maybe the reason Carolyn sleeps so soundly is because she knows I don't, and if needed, I'll wake her up. As a result of not sleeping well, I felt tired most of the day. My morning walk seemed like work.

In the afternoon, I went to the library to return some videos, and check out more. On the way home, I stopped and picked up a few things we needed. When I got home, I meditated a little, which helped how I felt.

There is another little RV park located across the fence from us. A few days ago, a motor home moved in about 100 feet away. Over the last couple of days, I've noticed them working on their satellite dish. They were out again today. I have a little experience in setting the systems up, and it appeared they did not have everything right. I walked over and offered to help, which they gladly accepted. When I checked the setup, I found the mast was not plumb by more than a bubble in both directions. I plumbed up the mast and anchored the dish. Then I connected the signal finder to the dish, and found the signal. These folks can now watch TV. It's coming at a good time for them, because the man is having surgery on his neck on Wednesday. He is not allowed to be in a car for at least two weeks, so having something to watch on TV is a good thing.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - High Springs, Florida: Come Enjoy Our Good Nature

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: