Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mishmash

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 74 degrees, mostly clear skies

When we're sitting in one place for an extended period of time, the worst enemies of the RV as far as keeping the outside clean are birds and bugs. I find that if I don't wipe the outside down every couple of weeks, the bird and bug stuff starts staining the paint, making it difficult, if not impossible, to get the stains off. If I wipe it down as I should, the paint will stay clean. So, this afternoon, I did the periodic wipe down. As I expected, the the RV looks like new again. I'll do it again in a couple of weeks.

Oh, no. I just realized I didn't wipe the tire rims down. They are much nicer rims than the old RV had.

Does the glove box in your vehicle function as a catchall? Ours does, and today I cleaned it out. I found napkins, spare salt and pepper packets, cds, receipts, crackers (where did those come from?), maps, a spare tire lock, keys for the trailer hitch receiver, a Texas State Parks pass, a post office box combination, an Allen wrench, a tire temperature sensor, a cell phone charger, a magnifying glass (used on the small print for maps), toothpicks....... I think you can get the idea. I took everything out of the box and started over. By the time I finished, most of the stuff had been thrown away or put away inside the RV. Now I have room to fill it up again with more trash and other junk.

Carolyn's vertigo seems to be getting better again. Tomorrow, she has to see the dermatologist about the areas on her left calf that she was having problems with during much of 2008. The areas seem to be getting better, and she is hopeful the doctor will release her. The appointment for tomorrow is taking the place of one she had to cancel in March when we were in Texas.

I want to thank Marsha for leaving the bag of magazines outside the door. We didn't know they were there until I had to go outside for something. She knows we like to read, and shares her magazines with us when she is finished with them. If that's not being green, I don't know what is. In addition to being a good neighbor.

Below is a picture of Cape Perpetua on the Oregon coast, taken during our trip to that area in the summer of 2004.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Raymond, Washington: The City That Does Things

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: