Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Picture On Opening Page

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 48 degrees, high 67 degrees, mostly cloudy early with sprinkles, then clear later in the afternoon

I placed a picture of the truck and new RV on the opening page. Check it out on the left. The light was not very good because it was early in the morning. Also, the setting is a restaurant parking lot. Not the best setting. As soon as we have a more scenic picture, I'll change it out.

In 2004, we took a long trip through the western states. The original purpose of the trip was to go to Alaska. Well, we never made it to Alaska. As we progressed through our trip, we kept finding all the scenic beauty and natural wonders that are present in the western US. For some reason, we never made it to Utah. I don't know how that happened. Anyway, we ran out of time as far as getting to Alaska in a reasonable time before the weather got too bad. One of our favorite places of the entire trip was the Oregon Coast. Below is one of the pictures we took on that trip. This location is the central Oregon coast, near Yachats, Oregon.



Looking back through our pictures from the 2004 trip brought back some great memories. I'll try to share some of those pictures from time to time.

I spent most of the morning helping Terri take care of some errands. By the time I got home, it was past lunch time. We hadn't been to McDonald's in about four weeks, so decided to stimulate the economy a little by eating there. I guess it's a good thing for them that we went, because they were not busy at all. Maybe our little bit of spending today kept McDonald's in business. Not!!

When we got home, I pulled the lawnmower out to see if I could figure out what was causing it to run so slowly. In spite of my best efforts, I could not find where to adjust the carburetor. I added some gas, and guess what? Smooth running lawnmower. Or at least good enough that I could get our little patch of yard mowed.

Tonight, Terri and Thomas came over and had pizza with us. We had a good visit, remembering good times with family, and those that have passed on. I enjoy these times with family.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fruitland Park, Florida: Heart Of Central Florida

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: