Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy Day

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 92 degrees, clear skies, breezy

A consequence of a day out doing our thing like yesterday is a day at home doing the things that keep us afloat. Things like laundry, which we hadn't done in two weeks. I should say that I hadn't done the laundry in two weeks, since that's my job.

I was down at the laundry bright and early, but someone beat me to the machines. So, I went back home and told Carolyn I was taking the truck to the WalMart Mall on the west side of Ocala so I could get it serviced. I've learned that if I wait until the early part of a week, it's usually fairly easy to get service performed in a timely manner. Today was not busy at the Mall, as expected, and I was able to get the work finished and headed home in about 45 minutes.

When I got home, I checked to see if the laundry was still busy. I found that the washers were empty, but the dryers were working. Okay, I'll start the laundry washing and maybe the dryers will be ready when the laundry is washed. Well, the dryers finished and the owner of the clothes hadn't showed up. I had decided that if the other person's clothes were still in the dryers when I needed them, I would wait a few minutes, then take the dried clothes out and put my clothes in the dryer. Luckily, about a minute before I needed the dryers, the other person showed up and removed her clothes. Whew! I didn't want to touch another person's clothes, but it is acceptable to do that if the machine is not being minded.

Once the clothes were finished, Carolyn had lunch ready (chicken fried rice, yum, yum!). We had lunch and watched one of her cooking shows. By then, I was feeling the need for some intense meditation, which had to be taken care of.

After the meditation, I had a couple more chores to take care of, as did Carolyn. Then, we took it easy the rest of the day.

Florida has a pest that rears it's ugly head two times a year, April and September. The pest is named the love bug, and is an innocent looking little bug that tends to congregate near highways. Here's why they are called love bugs.



These little boogers can cause tremendous damage to the paint on cars and trucks. Here's a couple of pictures of what they look like on the truck.





Luckily for us, the bug deflector on the hood is keeping most of the bugs off the painted surfaces. I knew there was a good reason for putting the deflector on.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Winter Park, Florida: City Of Culture And Heritage

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: