Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skeptic

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 80 degrees, light showers

A good sized line of showers passed through the area this morning, but it cleared up around lunchtime. We thought the rain was gone for a day or two, but it was not to be done. By the late afternoon, the front that had been moving south had reversed it's course, and was passing back through Ocala, again. It looks as though the rain will last for a couple of days, since it's now coming out from below Cuba. At least it's cooler.

We had some personal business to take care of today that took most of the morning up until the early afternoon. Once that was finished, I had some little chores around the RV that took another hour. Of course, one of the most important tasks left after all the hard work was some meditation. You've got to reward yourself, sometimes.

I think most people will acknowledge that I'm pretty conservative in a lot of ways. This little section of the blog is not about my political leanings, which I have talked about before. Rather, this is about my inner skepticism, which I can't remember not having. For instance, if a salesman says trust me, I run away. If a politician says you can trust me to do what I say I will, I don't believe him. If an investment seems too good to be true, I won't have anything to do with it.

Then, there's the TV shows that claim to show proof of ghosts and extra-terrestrials (space aliens for those who don't know). What is it about those shows? I guess there's enough interest from people that do believe to keep these people in business. I have watched a few of these shows with Carolyn, but every time they claim to show irrefutable evidence of whatever spook or space alien they're pushing at the time, I don't get it.

Oh, by the way, this is not a jab at Carolyn and what she watches. She also tends to be a skeptic, but maybe not as much as me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cullman, Alabama: City Of Churches

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: