Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Great Weather

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 63 degrees, high 91 degrees, mostly clear skies, light breeze

Today was the nicest day, when talking about the weather, that we have had since being here. When I went for my morning walk before daylight, the air felt so good it almost made a tingle run down my leg. When I got back home from the walk, Carolyn had opened some windows and a roof vent so the Fantastic fan could be run to help move the cool air into the RV. We get to enjoy this great weather again for the next couple of days.

I'm continuing to improve from my breathing problems earlier in the weekend. I slept better last night, and the medicine seems to be doing the job. Now, having said that, I had an appointment with another doctor this morning to see if he could find out what the problem is. After talking to me and doing an examination, he prescribed another medicine that I will take for a couple of weeks. In addition, I am going to be scheduled for another test for something that today's doctor thinks is causing my problems. Then, I'll go see the doctor again to see what the long range treatment will be. I may be wrong, but I feel like we may be on the right path to getting this issue under control.

For many years, I have followed what's been going on in the political world. I understand that politicians, for the most part, make promises that they can't keep, or never have any intention of keeping. In other words, most of them go into politics with their own agenda being more important than what the people who elected want them to do. The last few years have been difficult to watch as our country has barreled down a road that seems to me to be detrimental to the our long term future. Overwhelming debt, wars with no end, the development and growth of a society that thinks the world owes them a living, higher and higher taxes that take away the incentive to excel, high unemployment, and the growth of big government to levels never seen before, to name a few issues.

This year, it seems that a movement has risen up that has the same concerns that I do. Finally, people are realizing that if we stay on the same path as a nation, we are going to lose our standing in the world, and the future of generations to come will be less affluent than we have had in the past. I don't know how the mid-term elections are going to go, but it's encouraging to see so many of the old school politicians losing their jobs to fresh, new blood that seems to have many of the same concerns as myself and so many others. The time between now and the election is going to be interesting.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brookings, Oregon: Home Of Winter Flowers

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: