Monday, September 6, 2010

More Preps For Moving

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 93 degrees, partly cloudy skies

When we got up this morning, it never crossed our minds that it was labor Day. Holidays don't seem to mean that much since I'm not working. Since we thought it was just another day, we decided to continue our preparations for leaving on Wednesday if I get the okay from my doctor tomorrow.

Since I'm the washer-person in our family, I took the bed linens and area floor rugs to the campground laundry and washed them. Wash, wash, rinse, rinse. Nothing to it. I have more to wash tomorrow, and then all the laundry will be completed. With everything washed, we can last for about two weeks without washing again. That's important to us when we're traveling.

While I was doing the laundry, Carolyn was doing her thing in the RV: dusting, putting things away, vacuuming.... I've learned that when she gets busy, it's best for me to find something to do outside.

It didn't occur to me that it was Labor Day until I went to the WalMart Mall after lunch to pick up a few groceries. I was really surprised at how many people were shopping. Then, it was like a light bulb went off. Duh!! It's Labor Day! No wonder all these people are here!

So, did knowing it was Labor Day change what we did the rest of the day? Not at all. Since we're retired, every day is like Saturday. The only time we pay much attention to the holidays is if we're traveling and need to get into a place to stay before all the RV parks are full. Or, if we have something going on with family, such as Christmas or Thanksgiving Day. The rest of the time, it's just another day.

When I got home from the Mall, I checked our tire pressure, adding a couple pounds to two tires on the RV. I'll check the pressure again tomorrow to make sure we don't have any slow leaks.

After supper, it had cooled off enough that I decided to put some more wax on the truck. That went well, and all I have left to do is the back of the truck beyond the doors. Maybe I can finish that tomorrow.

We should be ready to leave on Wednesday, if the doctor cooperates. If he still wants to see me in the near future, we'll decide whether to change our plans.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Marshall, Texas: City Of Seven Flags

Not all who wande rare lost.

No comments: