Thursday, September 30, 2010

Medicine Delivery

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 85 degrees, early morning clouds, clear skies the remainder of the day

Yesterday, we had a nice day of getting out and exploring. Today, Carolyn paid for that good day, as she suffered with her vertigo issues for most of the day. We had talked about possibly going to the real mall in Ocala so Carolyn could see what it looks like. It has been about ten years since she has been to the mall here, so she wanted to just go in and walk around a little. Also, she hasn't been in a mall of any type, other than The WalMart Mall, in quite some time. But, even with Carolyn trying as hard as she could, she couldn't get the vertigo under control enough so we could go. Maybe another day.

I had to go to the real Mall (WalMart) to pick up a few groceries, which didn't take much time. We were really wanting a ham, but the ones I found, even if I bought a half, were too big for the refrigerator. I compromised by getting a couple of slices that Carolyn prepared for supper, along with potato salad and green beans. Ummm, good!

Late in the afternoon, we received a call that our mail had been forwarded to Carolyn's mother's house, so I went over to pick it up. I've been taking medicine for my medical problems, and ran out of one of them two days ago because the doctor's office dragged their feet in ordering them. The medicine was in the package, along with some other stuff that was mostly junk. I visited with Doris for a few minutes, and then returned home where Carolyn had supper ready.

While I was gone to get our mail, Carolyn talked to the park manager when he delivered our electric bill for the month. It seems he has been having some of the same problems with breathing as I have, and he was asking her which doctors I had seen. Apparently, his doctor is not doing what needs to be done to get him some relief. I sympathize with him about his issues, and I'm going to talk to him tomorrow to offer a little advice.

This wasn't as good a day as yesterday, but it could have been worse. If Carolyn feels better tomorrow, maybe we can scare up something to do.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pittston, Pennsylvania: Quality Tomato Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: