Friday, September 3, 2010

Cleaned The Roof - Whew!

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 94 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The morning temperatures seem to be moderating a little, and we're ready for it. We're expecting it to get down to 67 degrees tonight, which means the air conditioner won't be running so much. We're looking forward to even cooler weather next week if we're able to move north for a few weeks.

I think I did as much physical work today as I've done in the past year. We are parked under some trees, and although they help keep us cooler, they are a scourge for helping make an RV dirty. I cleaned the roof back before I got sick and had to go in the hospital here in Ocala. Since we're getting ready to move, I knew that I needed to clean the roof and sides of the RV again. Logic says I needed to do the roof first, then the sides. In a more normal time, I could have cleaned the entire outside of the RV in less than a day. Well, this is not a normal time for me as I'm still trying to recover my strength. With my physical strength still not up to par, and it being as hot as it was, it took me most of the day just to clean the roof. At least that big chore is done. Tomorrow I'll do my best to clean the walls. That is, if it doesn't interfere with watching the first Gator college football game of the season.

While I was outside working, Carolyn was cleaning the carpet inside the RV. Remember when I said the RV has to be spotless inside and out when we leave on a trip? Well, all this hard work is an example of what she wants to get done before we leave. I think I've got the hard job, with what has to be done outside. Hmmmm, maybe we should sit here. Nah, I don't think so. I'm ready to see some new country and scratch our hitch itch.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Ozark, Alabama: The Home Of Fort Rucker

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: