Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Good Doctor's Visit

Ocala, Florida

Weather; low 72 degrees, high 92 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I started doing my thing early this morning, finishing my walk before it was daylight. I guess it was the excitement starting to build with possibly doing some rambling, starting tomorrow. I felt like a kid last night as I tried to go to sleep. All kinds of thoughts were running through my mind as I tried to drift off. Unfortunately, I have never been able to just turn my brain off and go to sleep if there's something on my mind. Eventually, I managed to get to sleep, but woke early.

After breakfast, I took the last three loads of clothes to the laundry and washed them. Since my doctor's appointment was not until early afternoon, I found some other little chores to stay busy until lunch. Then I went to see the doctor, where I received a good report on my breathing issues. The last X-rays taken two weeks ago showed that my lungs were recovering well from pneumonia. In addition, I'm breathing much better, allowing me to sleep well at night. Most nights, that is. The doctor told me to stop taking one medicine, which is always a good sign. I have to see him again in six weeks as a followup.

Now, the bad news. We are not going to be able to leave tomorrow as we have been planning. Some personal business has come up that we need to take care of before we can leave, and it looks like it will be another three weeks or so before we can hit the road. Drat! We were looking forward to seeing new country and meeting new people. The consolation is that Carolyn can keep visiting her mother, and we have some day trips planned around the state to places we have either never been to or we want to see how they have changed with time. It won't be the same as taking the RV down the road, but we'll make the most of it.

At least everything is nice and clean. Just think, we get to do all this hard work again before we leave.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: Pattern After Us

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: