Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembrance

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 95 degrees, partly cloudy skies

There are several events that have happened in my life that have made such an impression on me that I can remember where I was and what I was doing at the time. John F. Kennedy's assassination, the space shuttle Challenger's explosion, and several other events easily come to mind. One of the events was the terrorist attacks that took place nine years ago today. Thousands of innocent Americans were killed and injured, and we watched on television as the attacks were unfolding. What a scary day it was, as all kinds of thoughts ran through our minds as to where the events were going to lead. Little did we know that our nation would still be involved in a war nine years later as the people who attacked us are still out there, trying to destroy our country and way of life. Who knows when and how it will end. We do know that we'll never forget what happened on September 11, 2001.

Up early this morning, I decided to go buy a few groceries at the WalMart Mall before they got busy and crowded. Plus, going early allowed me to have more choice to select from. Carolyn didn't want to go, but she said to make sure I got everything on the list. List being the operative word. With a little effort, I found everything, and even picked up a couple of items that were not on the list that I realized we needed. By the time I returned home and put everything away with Carolyn's help, it was starting to warm up outside. Since I had a couple of little chores I wanted to do outside before the football game started, I got busy on the chores. By the time I made it back inside where it was cooler, it was lunchtime and time to watch the college football game to see if the Gators had gotten the kinks out of their game.

The Gators didn't get a good start, trailing after the first quarter to the University of South Florida. In the second quarter, the Gators got their stuff together, and finished the game well, winning 38 to 14. They looked much better today, but still have some rough spots that they need to take care of.

That's about it for here today. Now, if the weather will cool off a little...

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - New York, New York: The Melting Pot

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some of the leaves are falling and some trees are turning yellow no sign of orange or red yet, better hurry don't want you to miss this.

Jerald said...

We're ready to go, but I have some issues I need to take care of first.

Jerald