Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Terri

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 90 degrees, partly cloudy skies

One thing we've noted about living in an RV is that most of the repair parts tend to be fairly expensive. Refrigerators for $1500 or more, air conditioners for more than $800. Then, there's the little parts like the air conditioner return air grill. That little part is made from plastic, which means it's fairly flimsy.

Several months ago, our grill suffered broken tabs, meaning we had to tape the grill in place on the air conditioner, rather than using the tabs. You can imagine how tacky that looked, and how Carolyn fussed about it. We looked in several RV parts stores for a replacement, as well on the Internet.

Up until Wednesday, we had not found what we were looking for. Then, I stopped at another store near the RV, and found exactly what we were looking for. Only one problem: the part was reserved for another RVer. The service person ordered six more of the grills, and I received a call this afternoon letting me know that the grill was ready for me to pick it up. All right! I went down to the store, checked the grill to make sure it was right, and laid down my payment of $19.30. Now, the new grill is in place, the tape is gone, and Carolyn is happy that it doesn't look tacky. If she's happy, I'm happy. I have to be careful when cleaning the filter so the new grill doesn't break.

We didn't take a long road trip today, but did get out in the northwest part of the county to enjoy the scenery on the back roads. Just about all the property in that area is made up of horse farms, and they are really shining. It's impressive to see horse barns that cost more than a family home. Those horses are pampered. I guess if I had the bloodline those things have, I'd be pampered, too.

I noticed in the news that Los Angeles created 55 new jobs with $111,000,000 of economic stimulus money, for a cost about $2,000,000 per job. I know I said I didn't want to work any more, but I might be persuaded to go back to work for $2,000,000. No wonder the economy still sucks.

Our daughter Terri is celebrating her birthday today. She's XX years old, and doesn't look a day older than 21. You didn't think I was going to give her actual age, did you?

Happy Birthday, Terri.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Aledo, Texas: Rich Heritage, Dynamic Future

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: