Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cleaned Outside Of RV

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 92 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I was sore and stiff after this morning because of the hard work I did on cleaning the roof of the RV. I knew I was out of shape from being sick, but this was ridiculous! It's obvious to me that I need to step up my exercise so I get my strength back. So, how do I do that? More walking, exercises with stretch bands, and doing more on the RV and truck, instead of letting them go like I have been. It won't be easy.

Even though I was sore and stiff this morning, I decided to try to get the outside walls of the RV washed and cleaned up. We're parked under oak and pine trees, and as I've said before, they are a mixed blessing. The shade they provide is nice, helping keep us cooler in the summer. The problem is that the trees also have bugs and ants fall out of them which try to get into the RV. Worse than the bugs is the dirt the trees put on the RV. Drips, stains, debris, etc. falling almost continuously. In many cases, the problems are not noted until a cleanup starts, when the stains and bug poo are so hard to remove. It took me most of the morning to do what I did, but the RV looks much better. At least it'll do until we get out from under these @#$%&* trees! Then, maybe I can remove the rest of the stains and get some wax on it.

Carolyn went to lunch with her mother and sister Teresa while I stayed at home. I usually don't go along to these kinds of things because I think Carolyn needs that special time with her mother. Besides, I was wore out after the hard work of cleaning the RV.

An ulterior motive for me to stay at home was that I wanted to watch the start of college football, especially to see how the Florida Gators did. Well, how did they do? They played awful, looking nothing like what we've grown accustomed to seeing. They won against Miami of Ohio, 34 to 12, but it was not as easy as the score might seem to indicate. The Gators started flat, and never seemed to get up off the mat. The couldn't hold on to the ball, couldn't get the ball from the center to the quarterback, dropped passes, etc. If they had been playing a team from the SEC, I think they would have lost.

The question now is whether Florida is overrated. Right now, I would have to say they are. There should be plenty for them to work on in practice this next week.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gainesville, Florida: Title Town

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: