Thursday, September 9, 2010

Computer Wireless Switch

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 94 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The past few days have been pleasant in the late afternoon, encouraging me to go outside and putter around in the cooler temperatures. Today was a return to the summer style humidity and temperatures. I'm ready for some cooler weather!

Carolyn decided she wanted to go to the Sam's Club and WalMart Mall located in The Villages, about 25 miles south of here. Now, why she wanted to go that far to a store when we have both of them about five miles away raised a question in my mind. When I asked her why go that far, she said that maybe they had some different stuff in the stores in The Villages. Okay.

So, we made a trip down to The Villages, and guess what? We only went to the Sam's Club down there, and even though it is probably the biggest Club store that we have seen, they had the same stuff as the one five miles away from where we are parked. Oh, Well. At least it gave us something to do with part of the day. By the time we were ready to leave the Club, Carolyn was finished with shopping and was ready to go home.

We continue to be surprised at how busy The Villages area is. You would never know a recession is affecting the rest of the county. Traffic was so bad that it probably took us about 20 minutes to drive through town, and it seemed like every light caught us. And, believe me, they have plenty of lights.

I ran into a problem with the wireless switch on our computer today. After we had rested from our little trip, I tried to use the computer to access the Internet. No success, as the wireless switch was turned off, and all the old methods of turning it on failed to work. After working on it too long, I gave up while we ate supper. Then, I tackled the problem again, and discovered that it was probably a problem with the startup. Through a series of fumbles and luck, I found that if I restarted the computer and pressed the shift key and f10 key at the same time as the computer was starting, the wireless switch came on. I wrote the fix down so if it happens again, maybe I can save some time.

Now, if I can just remember where I put the information........

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gonzales, Texas: The Lexington Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: