Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Sleep

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 32 degrees, high 63 degrees, clear skies

Just when I thought I would be sleeping better, along comes a night when I only got about an hour of sleep. I was feeling better yesterday afternoon, but when it came time to go to bed last night, I began having problems breathing when I laid down. Up and down all night, I may have gotten an hour's sleep. Folks, this is not fun. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. My hope is that we will finish the tests this coming week and figure out what is causing my problems. I think I have a good doctor, and he is doing everything he can to help me. I'm just about over this.

Since I didn't sleep well last night, my eyes felt like they had sand in them all day. We had to go to the WalMart Mall this morning to pick up a few things, which wasn't fun. Normally, I don't mind going to the Mall, but today was really a task for me.

When we got home from the Mall and had lunch, I camped out in my chair in front of the television. Part of the time was spent napping, while the rest of the time was spent watching some college basketball. Carolyn has not slept well during this ordeal I'm going through, but she managed to get about two hours of uninterrupted sleep while I was watching the games. She said she felt better after the little break.

Only four more days until we hopefully have a full understanding of what my problem is and how to treat it. In the meantime, I'll dream about RVing and traveling.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Red Bay, Alabama: A Friendly City On A Progressive Path

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: