Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Mexican Restaurant

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 63 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I slept a little better last night, getting about four hours. I can remember when I worked that there were many times that I got by with that much sleep for weeks at a time. It's a little harder to do that now, and I really don't want to. I'll be glad when I get back to my normal sleep habits.

This afternoon, our son-in-law John took our grandkids Julian and Zoe for a hike on the hiking trail that runs through Elkmont. Their interest in the hike was sharpened by me telling them what I had found on the trail, including the site of the Sulphur Creek Trestle Battle of the Civil War. As I mentioned in my post about the battle, it was the bloodiest battle of the Civil War, with over 200 men dying in the battle. A person would never know now that a battle that bloody took place there. It is very peaceful and quiet.

I would have gone on the hike with them, but I'm still not up to the walk. Maybe next time.

Tonight, we went with Lori's family to a local Mexican restaurant named Casa Blanco in Athens for supper. This restaurant was a new one for us, and it makes three out of three local restaurants that we would eat at again. The food reminded us of the Tex-Mex style of food that is so prevalent in Texas. I had the enchiladas, while Carolyn had a quesadilla. John and Julian had the mixed fajitas, and they said they were very good. Good food and service, reasonable prices, and I'm sure we'll go back.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fort Worth, Texas: Where The West Begins

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: