Friday, February 11, 2011

Released From Doctor

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 14 degrees, high 40 degrees, clear skies

I thought the warmer weather in the afternoon would make me more inclined to get out outside and do something in the fresh air. Nope, no ambition at all. It's going to have to be warmer than 40 degrees to make me feel like things are warming up.

I had to make another trip to the south part of Huntsville to see the doctor who operated on my wrist almost six weeks ago. The bad part of the trip is going through the traffic mess in Madison. It seems like once I'm through there, the traffic in Huntsville is nothing.

When I saw the doctor, he said the wrist was doing as he expected, and I was not going to have to go back to see him again. At least for that particular problem. I'm having some problems with that hand going numb and hurting at night, and he diagnosed the problem as carpal tunnel syndrome, which I had repaired on the other hand. At this time, I can stand the numbness and pain, but the doctor said if it gets worse, to give him a call and he'll do surgery on it. You can bet that I'll have to be hurting bad to call him. Not that I'm afraid of the surgery, but maybe it'll get better over time. Am I optimistic that it will? Well, no, but I need a break from surgery and doctors.

While I was in Huntsville, Carolyn did some more housekeeping, since I was out of her way. I do my best to keep her from doing anything that might cause her a problem with her vertigo, but I can't stop her if I'm not around. As expected, the vertigo flared up after lunch, so she was down for the count until late afternoon.

We met my sister Judy and her husband Roger for supper at one of the chain restaurants. I know it was my turn to pick a local restaurant, but this particular restaurant was having a seafood buffet, and Roger said it was good. We'll try anything once (almost).

The food was good, but I have found as I get older that buffets of any sort tend to hurt me worse than I can hurt them. I can remember when I would get my money's worth from a buffet. Not anymore. Now, I think I actually lose money on them. The food was good, but I couldn't eat nearly as much as I might have at one time. That's okay, since we enjoyed supper with Judy and Roger.

By the time we got home, the food lethargy had kicked in, and it was a struggle to stay awake until the normal bedtime. The television programming didn't help as Friday night seems to be our least favorite night for television. I'm going to have to set up the television and computer so we can receive Net Flix or something like it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Andrews, North Carolina: The Little Town With The Big Heart

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: