Thursday, May 5, 2011

Better Night's Sleep

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 37 degrees, high 64 degrees, clear skies

Did you notice the low temperature for today? I guess this is Blackberry Winter. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

We slept much better last night, after the awful night we spent the night before in a hotel in Atlanta. Our bed seemed like a cloud after trying to sleep in the hardest bed I have ever experienced. The hotel should have paid us for staying there.

We were still tired after the long trip, even though we slept well. Once we were up and stirring, I went to town to pick up a few groceries, and get a haircut. While I was there, I looked at a couple of lawn mowers that would work for us in keeping the yard looking good. I'll probably go back tomorrow and buy one of them. Our niece Traci has been doing our yard, and we have paid her for doing so. However, she is busy with her stuff, and I think I'm getting to the point where I should be able to drive a riding mower. That still leaves the question of weed eating and trimming the shrubs, but we'll face that when the time comes.

Carolyn did some of her patented house cleaning while I was out of the house. I'm glad she did it while I was gone, since I feel like I get in her way. She's usually pretty good about not sweeping me out with the dirt, but it goes better if I'm not around.

In the afternoon, both of us took little mini-naps, but I don't think they will keep us awake tonight. I received a call that the replacement windows that we have been trying to have installed since we bought the house will be installed tomorrow. It's about time. One more thing to mark off the to do list.

Things are gradually getting back to normal after the tornado outbreak last week. Most people have their electric power back, and Athens is not as busy as it was with all the people visiting who had no power or had lost their homes. It was a financial windfall for the businesses here, but I'm sure they would like to be able to reverse the clock so we could forget all the bad weather last week. I know it made an impression on me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tuscaloosa, Alabama: America’s One And Only

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: