Sunday, May 15, 2011

Router Repairs, Etc.

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 56 degrees, cloudy, misty

After breakfast at home, we worked on a few things we have needed to do for some time. The upcoming chemo treatment has made us realize that we need to update our wills, which my sister Janie is helping us do. She is a paralegal in an attorney's office in Florida, and has been so since she graduated high school. She offered to help us, so we are drawing on her expertise as we get other types of paperwork ready.

Carolyn went through some old paperwork, and we set aside some stuff that needs to go to a safety deposit box. I'm not sure why we've allowed things to go like this, unless it's spelled Amyloidosis.

We found a puzzle we bought several months ago during the winter. We never started putting it together, so started today. This is a very difficult puzzle, with 1000 pieces. At the rate we're going, it'll take us a month to finish it. Carolyn has mentioned she might want to frame it if it looks as good put together as the cover on the box looks.

I bought a router for the Internet in an effort to allow visitors to use their computers when visiting. For the last three months, the router has not worked, and I didn't have the gumption to find out why. Today, I tackled that problem in an effort to find out why it quit working. I had a feeling it was connected to the network security keys inside the setup of the program. Accessing the program, I printed out the administrator's information. Then, I started tinkering with the settings. I found that the security features had been changed. Using the trial and error method, I chanced up on the proper security keys. Yes!! Now, we have a working router again.

Why is it so important to have a working router? Well, for guests, obviously, but also because I bought an I-Pad which will be delivered on Tuesday. The I-Pad is perfect for using wifi, which means I can take it out to the porch or in to the bedroom and still access the Internet. I can also take the I-Pad with me when I have treatments to help the time pass. There are probably many uses that I haven't thought about. My daughter Lori has one, and loves it. Maybe she can recommend some apps for it.

My appetite has improved somewhat in the past two weeks, even though I continue to lose weight, but at a slower pace. My attempts to eat different foods have been like an education, as I find that some foods still don't taste like I remember, but are bearable. This evening, I tried some Equate Nutritional Shake, and found that it tastes much like a melted vanilla milk shake. I might be able to do something with these drinks, although I'd rather be eating something I liked.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Refugio, Texas: Birthplace Of Nolan Ryan

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: