Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I-Pad Delivered

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 57 degrees, pertly cloudy skies

In what has become the new normal, I woke several times last night, getting up for s short time each time until I got sleepy again. As a result, I only get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, but usually feel halfway decent until about 1100 hours the next day. Then, it seems like I hit a wall for the rest of day, taking short naps. I'll be glad to get my sleeping habits straightened out.

While I was feeling decent, I went to town to pick up a few groceries. It won't be long that I won't be able to go in the stores because of my white blood cell count being too low to be out in public due to the risk of infection. At that time, the doctors have told me that I need to do everything I can to prevent colds, etc., so I'll probably sit in the truck and let Carolyn go do the shopping.

I took my second round of oral chemo drugs today, as well as the first round of oral steroids. So far, I don't feel any effects from the drugs, but have plenty of stuff to help those ill effects if they arise. Only two more days of chemo drugs this week, then I get three days break.

Our water heater quit heating water late this afternoon, and I have no idea what the problem is. I suspect both heating elements went out, so I'll go get two new ones tomorrow and change them out. If that doesn't work, I'll call a plumber. We're not looking forward to cold showers.

NCIS, out favorite television show, had it's season finale tonight. Does it seem like shows have less and less episodes as time goes on? Especially those that we like so much? Only about 5 to 6 months until new shows come back.

The I-Pad I ordered was delivered today. I spent a little time getting it set up and the battery charged, and downloading some program updates. In addition, I downloaded the manual that tells how everything works. I can see how this is going to be a handy little tool for me, once I figure out how everything works. I guess the best way to describe it is that it it very much like an I-Phone, without the telephone features. And, it has a much bigger screen. Since I still don't have an I-Phone, it's a lot to learn.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gadsden, Alabama: All American City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Bob and Carol Higginbotham said...

I bought me a Ipad about a month ago ! Sure do enjoy it! When we went to Florida and the tornados happened all around us I went to verison and got their hot spot that gave us Internet access. It is reallly a great device to use when you do not have a Internet connection. I was able to get all the news from our local news channels and my Facebook friends kept me up to date on everything . We had a lot of damage our way . Had a large oak tree split with one half falling in the yard and the other half hanging over the house. Costs us$2,000.00to have it all taken care of. No power for 6 days and no cable-Internet-telephone for 9days . Sure was proud to have a. Generator, Ipad and my hot spot. We were wry fortunate, it could have been so much worse!! Praying for you as you endure the chemotherapy and also for Carolyn as I am sure that she feels helpless as you endure this disease. Hope that we can meet at some time as we ride this rollarcoaster called LIFE!!! Take care, Bob and Carol

Jerald said...

I'm glad your damages were not any worse. I will never take a tornado lightly again, after seeing firsthand what they can do.

Thanks for the best wishes as I fight this disease. It is difficult for Carolyn, but she has been more help to me than anyone can imagine.

This is LIFE at it's most elemental. I don't envy anyone that has to go through anything like this.

Jerald