Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Torture Rack

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low in Atlanta, Georgia was 40 degrees, high in Elkmont was 61 degrees, clear skies

Last night was a miserable night for me. We had the hardest bed ever placed in a hotel room, and with the weight I have lost, plus the soreness in my hip from the bone marrow biopsy, I could not find a comfortable position to sleep in. I think a pool table would have been soft compared to that bed. As a result, I only got about two hours sleep. At least we're home now, and can sleep in our bed. The uncomfortable night is one of the reasons we decided to buy an RV, besides the freedom it gave us.

We left Atlanta about 0800 hours, pulling into rush hour traffic. Once we got to I-20, traffic fell off, and we moved along at a comfortable speed for us. About 100 miles down the road, I pulled into a McDonald's, where I lay back in the seat for about 15 minutes. Carolyn said I fell asleep for a short time, and if I did, that's good. Before we left again, I bought a milkshake for the boost, which kept me going for another 100 miles. Then, we pulled in to a rest area on I-65, where I took another short nap. That little nap gave me enough energy to make it home about 1400 hours.

For the third time, a nap was again in order. That held me until I went to bed tonight. Carolyn prepared us a nice supper so we wouldn't have to go out. Believe me, it was better than anything we have had this week.

We received word today that my cousin Faye's husband Ellis (we call him Cut) suffered a stroke, and is in ICU in Jacksonville, Florida. He faces a long and difficult recovery, and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Jacksonville, Florida: Where Florida Begins

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: