Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Water Heater Issues

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 59 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Last night, we noticed that the heat of the water coming out of the water heater was not what it should have been. This morning, the water was cold. I went and bought a couple of heating elements, thinking this might be the easiest fix, if that was the problem. No cigar, as the heating elements made no change. That was about the extent of my experience, so we asked Judy who to call as a plumber to to fix the problem.

Judy recommended a plumber that goes to their church, and even called him on our behalf. He showed up about 1545 hours, as I was in a doctor's office in Athens. The plumber found that the thermostat was bad, which was replaced. Voila! Hot water!

The plumber worked quickly, and charged what I thought was a fair price. If we have another problem, he will be the person we will call. Since I have gotten sick, it has seemed difficulty for me to take care of things that I would have eaten up when I was healthy.

I didn't get to play with the I-Pad today, since we were trying to get the water heater repaired, and I was a little under the weather. I felt like I had a bad case of the flu, without a cough or fever. It could be because of not sleeping or resting well, or could be because of the chemo drugs. Whatever it is, I'm finally talking a sleep aid tonight in an attempt to sleep better.

If I rest better tonight, I intend to try to get the new lawn mower running tomorrow so the yard can be cut. It will have been almost two weeks since it was cut, but it hasn't been a problem due to the cooler weather.

By the way, the fire ants are gone. The washing powder trick worked again.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sugar Land, Texas: The Shug

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: