Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stupid Survey

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 61 degrees, high 88 degrees, clear skies

When we got up this morning, I felt enough of an appetite that I invited Carolyn to go get a Hardee's sausage egg biscuit. She was ready in about two minutes, and off we went. Now, this was before 0700 hours, so either she was hungry for a biscuit, or she was trying to encourage me to eat anything I wanted. I think it was trying to encourage me that got her going. As I said, I'm trying to gain whatever weight I can before starting the treatment for Amyloidosis.

When we finished eating, Carolyn asked me to go by K-Mart for something she needed. I went in to get the item, and was waiting to pay for it when a screen came up at the check out station asking me to take part in a survey. Huh?? I said I didn't want to play, and the cashier said it would only take a minute. I said I was still not interested, and why couldn't I just pay for what I wanted and leave? I guess I showed some of that spark that's been missing for awhile, because as I was walking away, I heard one of the other cashiers say, Wooo!

We caught up our record keeping from the trip to Atlanta, and then tried to interpret the lab reports that we are taking to the oncologist in Huntsville. It's all Greek to us, but there seemed to be far too many high or low values. It'll be interesting to compare these numbers to the numbers we get three months from now.

Judy and Roger came over in the afternoon, and it was a much better visit than what we had last Sunday. I even cracked a couple of jokes, which have been in short supply around here lately. Humor is good for the soul.

I mentioned earlier that I was using washing powder on the fire ant hills in the yard, and guess what? The washing powder works just as well here as in Texas, and most of the hills are dead. It's a cheaper and safer alternative to poison, and we wouldn't use anything else.

I have two doctor appointments tomorrow, one with my cardiologist and the other with the oncologist. I'm hopeful the cardiologist will adjust some of my medicine, since I'm not reacting to it well at all. It makes me feel much like what I can imagine the chemo drugs might make me feel; exhausted, no stamina, little appetite, chills, shortness of breath......

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brevard, North Carolina: Land Of The Waterfalls

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: