Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Mower

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 48 degrees, high 72 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Last night, I decided to do something I had never done before. In an attempt to sleep better, I took a prescribed sleeping pill. Bad mistake, as I did sleep longer, but the quality of sleep was poor. I dreamed most of the night, and felt the effects of the pill all day. Given a choice between the pill or not, I think I'll pass from now on.

The water heater repairs from yesterday did not quite do the job. When we woke this morning, we found that there had been some leakage in to the overflow pan. We called the plumber again, and he responded quickly. He found that the top heating element was leaking slightly. Since we had an extra element, he changed it out and that appears to have fixed the problem. No charge for having to come back, even though we tried to pay him. You don't see service like this any more, it seems, and it's nice.

Remember the puzzle that we started putting together on Monday? I thought it would take us a month to finish it. At the rate we're going, we will finish it in a few days. These things just seem to grab your attention, and before you know it, an hour has been spent adding pieces.

We started the new riding mower today for the first time. After it had sat in the shop for almost two weeks, I thought it was time to get it running. The first order of business was to read all the paperwork. The thing I noticed about the paperwork was that it was full of disclaimers. Eventually, I got through with the reading, filled the tank with gas, checked the oil, put the battery cables on the battery, and started it up.

As might be expected, the new mower runs great. Since I had it running, the next thing was to see how well it mows. In a word, great! The yard is freshly mowed, and it looks very nice. We finished the mowing with a little weed eating, and it looks like we're good for a few days.

With the mowing and and feeling so low because of the sleeping pill, I was not able to play with the I-Pad again today. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do for us. Maybe tomorrow.

I finished the first week's doses of chemo drugs today, and so far, I'm doing good. Some minor side effects, but I know it could be much worse. No more drugs this week, which will give me a chance to recover a little. Then, back on them next Monday.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lincoln City, Oregon: A Great Place To Try New Things

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: