Friday, May 6, 2011

Milkshakes

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 64 degrees, clear skies

Every night, I tend to get up at least 2-3 times due to aches and pains. Most of the time, I can stay up for a half hour or so, then go back to bed and sleep. Last night, I only got up once, stayed up about an hour, had an ice cream bar, and felt good. I went back to bed about 0330 hours and slept the rest of the night. When I got up this morning, I still felt halfway decent.

After breakfast, the good feeling persisted, so I did a few things around the house to help Carolyn. By mid-morning, I started to drag a little, so I started slowing down. The people who were replacing the bottom sashes of our windows finally showed up and got busy. I think the wait is going to be worth it, as we like the quality of work that was performed. It's nice to not be looking through fogged windows.

Recently, I have been having a milkshake everyday, as I try to boost my appetite and gain back some of the weight that I have lost. No weight gain so far, but at least the loss has slowed down. I can't afford to lose any more weight.

I have found that Sonic has the best milkshake, which came from a tip from my sister-in-law Kathy. It is something that I have come to look forward to, so at least lunch means a little more than it did.

We have been looking for a riding mower to buy for mowing our yard. Sears is having a sale on their yard equipment, so we checked out what they had. We found the type and size of mower we were looking for and struck a deal. One of the things the dealer agreed to was to deliver the mower for nothing. So, we have a new riding mower sitting in the garage for the first time in many years. I'll do the mowing when I'm able. If Carolyn can't do it, then Traci will come over and do it. Have I said lately how much we appreciate Traci and her help?

This past week has been full of news about Usama Bin Laden's death. I haven't said anything about it before now, but it is hard to keep quiet. We owe a deep debt of gratitude to our armed forces and intelligence services for their relentless hunt for Bin Laden. In addition, George W. Bush and his administration's policies helped. It bothers me to see our current president doing the victory tour that he has been on this week, when he was one of the loudest voices of criticism against the policies that helped find the terrorist. I think it's about time for Obama to get serious about the economy, budget deficit, and inflation. Let's get people back to work, and start taming a deficit that seems to me to be out of control. Cut back on the campaigning for re-election and do the job he was elected to do.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hutto, Texas: Growing A Quality Community

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: