Saturday, May 14, 2011

Excuses For A Milkshake

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 64 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, showers, windy

I slept better last night, but I'm still lacking in the total amount of time I need to be sleeping. Amyloidosis treatment starts Monday, and I have already been given a sleeping aid in the event I need it. Maybe I need to try the pills out ahead of time to make sure they work. Then again, maybe not. I've never used anything like that before, and only want to if needed.

I had my usual breakfast this morning, but I noticed my stomach acted like it was a big hole about mid-morning. I invited Carolyn to Hardee's for a breakfast sandwich, which filled my stomach hole nicely. Normally, we eat breakfast at home, but with what I'm going through right now, something outside the house goes over well.

When we got home, we rested for about an hour, as I took a short nap. Actually, I have no idea how long the nap was, but I enjoyed it. After the nap, we got something positive done, as we cleaned out the shop and garage both.

Later in the day, we went to town and bought a weed eater, another extension cord, and three chairs for the screened porch. For the first time ever, I asked for help with getting stuff to the truck, as my strength gave out on me. Oh, well. At least I'm still trying.

Before we started home, we bought a sandwich and a milkshake. I have really grown to like the milkshakes. I find myself making excuses to go to town so I can buy one.

After getting home, I called my cousin Faye to see how her husband Cut is doing. He had a stroke earlier in the week, and was moved to a rehab center yesterday. It looks like a long and hard road for his recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with Cut and his family.

More late, be safe.

Today's Town - North Charleston, South Carolina: Hub Of The Low Country

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should never have to make an excuse to go get a sonci shake. we need them for nutrition and fat. most people i knnow are trying to loose weight and we are trying to gain weight. that is the best excuse for a sonic shake. plus the fact that they taste so darn good. kathy