Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alsea Bay Bridge

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 73 degrees, fog until about 1100 hours, then partly cloudy skies

One of the things I like to take pictures of besides old courthouses is beautifully shaped bridges. We've seen some of the most beautiful ones in the Northwest. The one below is the Alsea Bay Bridge, located at Waldport, Oregon. Throw in the beautiful scenery of the area, and there is usually a good picture there. Carolyn usually doesn't like crossing bridges, no matter how beautiful they are. She had a real problem crossing the bridge over the Columbia River at Astoria, Oregon. It probably didn't help that I kept saying stuff like "Look at that"! Her response: Keep your eyes on the road!



The day at work was more of the same as the last few days. Reviewing plans, meetings, walkdowns, second guessing what we've done so far, and more. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to start doing some real work. Sooner it starts, the sooner it's over.

Remember I said in last night's post that I was going to have to cook one night because Carolyn was doing such a good job of taking care of me? Well, she called me at work just before I started home and told me I was cooking. Okay, I'm cooking. That's cool. What are you hungry for?

We worked out what I was cooking, which turned out to be DQ hamburgers. Is that a surprise to the people who know us? I stopped at the local DQ, which was very busy with all the extra people in town, and 20 minutes later I was home with supper. It wasn't bad, but not as good as what Carolyn prepares.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waldport, Oregon: Where The Forest Meets The Sea

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerald,

Must be hard to be engaged in the pre-outage dog and pony shows etc. since you have been through so many of these outages, especially when you daydream about trips to Oregon and other places out west. Hope you guys have a great travel year after the outage.

Tim

Jerald said...

Tim, you're right about it being hard to be involved, but the thing we remember is that this is only lasting about two months. In the meantime, I get to spend time with people I like and enjoy working with. In addition, we are spending time with our daughter and her family (not as much as we would like), so everything evens out.

Jerald