Friday, March 26, 2010

A Day Of Chores

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 70 degrees, clear skies

We can hardly believe how nice, overall, the weather has been here in Bay City for the last four weeks. Sure, there's been some rain, but it's staying cool, which is a big thing for us. In past years, we've seen 100 degrees in March several times. That's too early for that kind of heat. Especially when it usually doesn't cool off until late fall.

I was off work today, so I took advantage of not having to get up early. I woke early, but was able to turn over and go back to sleep until about 0700 hours. That felt so good!

Once I was awake, I thought that the best way to make sure I accomplished the things I wanted to do was to make a list. So, after about five minutes, I had a list that kept me busy for at least half the day. There are still a few things left to do, but I'll finish those tomorrow.

While I was busy, Carolyn was still suffering from her allergy problems, although the cough medicine has helped. The RV doesn't require much to keep straightened and cleaned, so that helps her a lot. She woke up coughing early this morning (try 0200 hours), so she spent the rest of the night on the couch, where she managed to get a couple more hours of sleep. I hope she can sleep better tonight.

Drat! there goes another train. I can feel the RV shaking from the train passing by about 60 feet away.

We were getting low on propane, so I had a tank filled. That should last us until well into the summer, if not the fall. Then I checked the oil leak on the truck that was caused by the shop not tightening the oil pan plug properly. It looks like I was able to stop the leak. Why is it so hard for a shop to do that?

I paid our lot rent for the next month. If everything works out the way we want, that should last us until we leave. In other words, we want to be finished with the job by the time the rent is due. We plan to be here for our oldest grandson Julian's graduation from high school. That won't happen until the end of May, so we were thinking of taking a little circle trip to the south for a couple of weeks, then come back here in time for the graduation. Plans - I like to make them.

Late in the evening, I went to the WalMart Mall and bought groceries. That's one more chore I don't have to do tomorrow, and it wasn't busy like it usually is on Saturday. It was almost like going to the Mall in the middle of the week.

Overall, it was a productive day off, and I even got to meditate a little. What more could I ask for?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Flagstaff, Arizona: Flag Town

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: