Friday, March 12, 2010

Clean, Condition Roof

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 63 degrees, clear skies, breezy

Remember all the chores I had planned for today? I got all of them finished, and then some!

The first thing I did was take a long walk this morning. Even though I have been suffering with allergies this week, my throat felt better this morning, so it was a good walk. I rested a few minutes after the walk, then gathered everything needed to clean the roof on the RV. It took about an hour on the roof to do the cleaning. When I finished up there, we had lunch while I was waiting for the roof to dry so I could apply a rubber roof treatment. After lunch, the treatment was applied, and the major chores I wanted to do were finished. But, wait, there's more!

Our CPA called and said our tax return was ready to be picked up. I went by his office and reviewed the return with him. Everything looked good, but I'll check it again before I mail the return. Then I went by the library to return some books and check out some more, as well as a couple of movies. When I got home, we watched a movie with Jodie Foster that we liked. Have you ever noticed that you can depend on certain movie stars to have good movies? Jodie Foster is one of those stars that we can usually depend on.

After the movie was finished, I did some well deserved meditation. Then, I finished up the chores I wanted to do today by washing the RV and truck. By then, it was time for supper, so we met Lori and her family at Victoria's Mexican Restaurant. The food wasn't bad, and we enjoyed talking to everyone. Spring break is next week, so the kids were excited about being out of school. I think Lori's looking forward to the week off, too.

When we bought the new RV last year, the service manager at the dealership told us if we would bring the RV back about this time of the year, he would have the roof cleaned and treated for $400.00. Well, don't do me any favors. I bought the materials to do the roof for about $30.00, and there's enough to do it two times. The total time spent on the roof was about two hours, so I feel like I was making almost $200.00 per hour by doing the work myself. I'll do that all day long.

So, as the reader can see, it was a busy day, but a lot was done. And to top it off, I saved some money by doing a job myself. The allergies seem to be doing better, too.

Now, what can I get into tomorrow?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Greenwood, Mississippi: Cotton Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: