Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What Trains?

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 36 degrees, high 56 degrees, clear skies

There are several things that attract us to the RV lifestyle that we love so much. The freedom to change locations at the drop of a hat, the many great people we meet, little jewels of towns that we visit, and so many other things. One of the best things about this lifestyle is the beautiful countryside we find. This picture is of the coastal mountains near Fort Bragg, California.



I guess we're starting to get conditioned to the train noise. Until last night, we were jarred awake several times a night as trains roared through our living room. Last night, neither of us noticed any train noise, other than me hearing some background noise. I tend to sleep lighter than Carolyn, so I feel pretty good about starting to get used to the noise. The noise is still there, but I'm not noticing it as much. If I start noticing the noise again, I'll console myself with the fact that this will be over eventually. When I ask some of the long term residents of the park what they do to be able to live there with the train noise, they usually say "What train"?

Comedians.

Today was more of the past couple of days: meetings, work package reviews, walk downs of areas, getting re-acquainted with folks, thinking about what we'll do when this is over.... Wait a minute. I need to stop thinking about what we'll do when this job is finished. Concentrate, concentrate, concentrate.

Now that my life is not devoted to the daily grind of work (other than the occasional job), I pay more attention to how people act. Every morning this week, I have driven what I think is a safe speed for the road that I travel to work. Each morning, I have had several people pass me as though I was standing still, all on their way to work. Now, I enjoy what I do and like the people I work with, but can you imagine driving as fast as these people do to get to work? They must really like their jobs.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fort Bragg, California: The Undiscovered Jewel Of The Mendocino Coast

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: