Friday, March 5, 2010

Redwood Trees

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 60 degrees, cloudy skies

When we went to the west coast and northern California in 2004, we saw many amazing things that we hadn't seen before. Some of the most impressive sights we saw were the giant redwood trees that the state of California and the federal government have decided to save for posterity. After seeing these huge trees, all we can say is we're glad there are people with the foresight to save these majestic giants.



I had several things that I wanted to get done today on my day off. First on the list was a long walk this morning, which was the first time I had walked since last Sunday. It felt good to get out in the cool morning, stretching my legs and enjoying the early morning coolness. By the time I returned home and rested for a few minutes, it was time for us to go to the dentist for our checkups. That turned out to be a problem. It seems the dentist's office called everyone and canceled their appointments for today. Everyone was called, that is, except for us. There was only one person at the office, so naturally she apologized that we didn't get the message. Anyway, we're set for our checkups two weeks from today, only a week before the long hours start at work.

Since we didn't get the dental checkups done, I decided to take the truck in to get it serviced. It was time for the oil change, and I don't like to forget that. Then we went to lunch, since Carolyn has been nice enough to have supper ready every night when I get home from work.

After lunch, I took our tax information to the CPA, where he and I had an in-depth discussion about the problems the country is having and how to fix those problems. It's too bad the politicians don't listen to their constituents. If they did, maybe we would be happier with their performance.

The next stop was at the library, where I returned some books and checked out more. Then a quick stop at the bank to take care of some business and I was on my way home. By the time I returned home, I was ready for some meditation, which has been in short supply.

Tonight, we met several friends from work, along with Lori and her family, for supper at a local restaurant. I had not seen several of these people for years, so it was good to renew acquaintances and find out what has been happening with them. Time sure does fly. I still have to reiterate, though, that these folks are getting old!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Trinidad, California: Where The Redwoods Meet The Sea

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: