Sunday, March 14, 2010

Relapse

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Remember in yesterday's post that I wrote that the allergies seemed to be hanging on? Well, it's official. I feel as bad as I have since this stuff grabbed hold of me last week. I've been treating the allergies with medicine that has worked in the past, but isn't doing quite as well this time. Maybe I'm just impatient with how fast I'm getting over this mess.

I walked this morning, but cut the distance down some in an effort to keep from getting so tired with what I'm suffering from. Didn't work, but at least I got a little exercise. When I got home, the television held an attraction for me, since I didn't feel like doing anything else. After awhile, I felt better, so I decided to flush the water heater and check the sacrificial anode. The anode needed changing, so I also took care of that. Then I dumped our holding tanks, so we're good for a couple of weeks on that. By the time those chores were finished, the television called me back, as I was dragging again. In between little naps, I watched an excellent college basketball game with Mississippi State and Kentucky. The game was nip and tuck all the way, going to overtime on a last second shot by Kentucky, who eventually won the game by one point.

The rest of the day was spent taking it easy and trying to feel better. I hope I feel better tomorrow. It's back to work for four days.

When we visited the state of Washington, we liked it, although not as much as we liked Oregon. One place that stood out to us was Olympic National Park, located in the Olympic Peninsula. The park includes Pacific coastline, a temperate rain forest, and the Olympic Mountains. It's fascinating how the west side of the park receives a large amount of rain, the mountains receive so much snow that there are several glaciers located in the park, and there is a beautiful coastline that is part of the park. It was a very nice place to visit, and we would love to go back. Only one thing marred our visit there. It was the attitude that several Washington residents displayed toward out of state visitors, including ourselves. I heard several derogatory comments about the out of state visitors, such as why don't they go home. Fortunately, most of the people we met in Washington were friendly and helpful.

Here's a picture we took of the Olympic National Park.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Port Townsend, Washington: City Of Dreams

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Olympic Peninsula Visitor Bureau said...

Let me be the first to apologize to you for any rudeness you encountered on the Olympic Peninsula. As a representative of tourism on the peninsula, I can assure you that we do our utmost to create an atmosphere where residents understand and appreciate showing off our unique part of the world should be an honor. We truly do live in a postcard world. I hope you will travel to our area again and not meet one negative soul. It will mean I am doing a better job at communicating with the communities. Safe travels....
Have you checked out our waterfall website? www.OlympicPeninsulaWaterfallTrail.com

Come again, you will be welcome!
Mary Brelsford
Olympic Peninsula Visitor Bureau

Jerald said...

As I said in yesterday's post, most of the people we encountered throughout Washington were friendly and helpful. I can assure you that Washington does not have all the rude people. There are plenty of them throughout our wonderful country, but fortunately, most people treat others as they want to be treated. The experience with rudeness at Olympic National Park put a small blemish on our visit, but it wasn't nearly enough to keep us from visiting your beautiful area again.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Jerald