Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fuss And Wind

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 53 degrees, clear skies, windy to 35 mph

All the stuff going on in Washington has created quite a fuss, with most of the country appearing to be against what happened today. Maybe that's why the wind was blowing so hard today. I have a feeling this controversy on health care reform is far from over.

I was feeling better yesterday after taking the drugs prescribed by the doctor and doing the other things he suggested. So good, in fact, that after I posted the blog last night, I decided to have some cereal with milk. Bad mistake. The milk caused me to get congested again, and by the time I was ready for bed, the cough was back.

When I went to bed, I had to get up because I couldn't breathe. Instead of trying to go back to bed immediately, I went to the recliner and stayed there until well after midnight. By then, I could breathe better, and tried going back to bed. I was able to sleep the rest of the night. At this time, I'm back to where I was yesterday, and I'm trying not to do anything to cause another flareup. At the least, that means no milk products. We stayed at home so we wouldn't be exposed to the wind and more irritants.

My brother Terrell and his wife Kathy came into town today for a few weeks, and he called to see if we wanted to go to supper tonight. We had to decline because we're trying to get over this allergy mess, but we'll get together another time.

So, what have we been doing while sick this weekend? Not much of anything except trying to feel better. A lot of reading, television, surfing the Internet, meditating, looking out the window and thinking about what we would like to be doing.... This is such a bore.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fort Davis, Texas: Highest Town In Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: