Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time Change Tonight

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 74 degrees, clear skies

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour, if you haven't already. It wouldn't bother me if the time was left the same all year. I don't care whether it's daylight saving time or the regular time (what is that called?), but leave it one or the other. I hate these time changes.

Now that the time change tirade is over, here's what happened today with us. In two words, not much. A morning walk was nice, but seemed to wipe me out. I think the allergies are still hurting me. When I got back home, I rested a little, then started doing some puttering on the outside. Most of the time was spent on more cleaning on the truck and RV, but I also checked the oil pan leak I had last week. I noticed that there appeared to be a small amount of oil building up on the oil pan drain hole bolt. I got under the truck and wiped the oil off to try to see where it was coming from. There was not an obvious crack, so I checked the plug. Surprise! I was able to tighten the bolt about 1/4 of a turn without over tightening it at all. Why is it that the shops have such a hard time tightening this bolt? This is the third time I've had to tighten the same bolt after oil changes. I guess I'll have to check it from now on.

While I was doing all the stuff outside, Carolyn took a load of laundry to the RV park laundromat. By the time we were both finished with our little jobs, it was lunch time. We ate while watching another movie I picked up at the library yesterday. Later in the day, I went over our tax return for 2009. Everything looks good, except for the the amount of money we sent the government last year. Yuck!!!

The rest of the day was spent watching a marathon session of Ice Road Truckers on television. We don't have any ambition to go to Alaska in the winter. Brrrr!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lancaster, Pennsylvania: The Red Rose City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Kim Hadley said...

hi.... i was surfing around online today looking for blogs about people living and traveling around in RV's. I came across yours.

I am working at putting a resource site up for RVing and would love to repost some of your blog there.

The site is www.rvingcentral.com. I'm trying to build up stories, resources all with the aim to provide people inspiration so they take the plunge and live the dream!

If you feel you'd like to participate, you can email me at info@rvingcentral.com, or just reply to the comment and i should get that.

Thanks!

Jerald said...

Hi, Kim. I don't have a problem with you re-posting some of our blog. We love the lifestyle, but we also understand that it's a big step into the unknown for most people.

Jerald