Monday, March 8, 2010

Long Meeting At Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 60 degrees, high 68 degrees, cloudy, windy, rain

When we're traveling, we tend to try to go to the less crowded places. We don't need the large tourist traps, such as Disney World. In fact, we don't need the small tourist traps, such as Silver Springs. We're happiest when we can find and explore examples of Mother Nature's handiwork, such as this picture of the Oregon coast near Pistol River. Just imagine a place where the low temperature averages in the 40s, and the high averages in the 60s. Then, throw in the type of beauty we found along the Oregon coast, and I think we may be as close to Heaven as we can get on earth.



The weekend was a good one for relaxing and rest. So good, in fact, that I didn't sleep well last night. Up and down throughout the night, I finally got up for good about 45 minutes earlier than normal. I'm tired tonight, so maybe I'll sleep better.

Most of the day at work was spent in a meeting to assess the project's readiness to begin the shutdown and the modifications that we will be responsible for. I think the project is ready to go. I know I am. Let's get 'er done!

The remainder of the day at work was spent continuing to review changes in plans since the last shutdown. The project served us lunch as part of the meeting, and it was pretty good. These people at the plant like to eat, and this site is the only one I have worked at that a person is more likely to gain weight than lose it during a shutdown. People are always bringing in food to share, and management is liberal with designating days as free lunch day. I'm going to have to watch myself at work.

Speaking of eating, Carolyn had a very good supper ready when I arrived home. Pork chops, green beans, potato salad, etc. Now that I think about it, I'm going to have to watch what I eat at home, too.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brookings, Oregon: Where Flowers Meet The Sea

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: