Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day Of Spring

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 64 degrees, cloudy, rain, hail, wind

Did you note the weather conditions for today? It was cloudy when we woke, but we knew it was going to start raining before noon. In an effort to get the chores finished before the rain started, we took care of our grocery shopping and laundry early, and were watching a movie when the rain started. The timing was excellent! The rain continued for the rest of the day, and it's supposed to get down in the 30s tonight. Spring has arrived.

My visit to the doctor yesterday paid off, as I had the best night of sleep last night since about ten days ago. If I continue to improve this well, I should be feeling really good by the time I go back to work on Monday. Now, it looks like Carolyn is going through the same problems I've been suffering with. It will be interesting to see how long she fights going to the doctor. She fusses at me about going to see the doctor when I should, but she's just as bad as me. I may have to keep after her about it so she'll go to make me shut up.

Over our years of this RV lifestyle, we've been fortunate in being able to stay at some beautiful places across the country. One of the things that we look for in an RV park is the spaces far enough apart so we don't hear the people next door talking or using their bathroom. In the park we're in now, the spaces are much closer than we like, but it's the best we can find for the time being.

Another thing we look for in RV parks is rules that are sensible, such as no loud music or generators in use after 2200 hours at night. A rule of etiquette among RVers is that people don't infringe on each other's space unless invited. That means kids stay in their space. Spring break is going on in Texas this week, and the owner of the RV parked on our east side has his family visiting from Dallas. No problem with that, except they have six kids, ranging in age from 8 to 15 years old. The RV they're staying in is about 25 feet long. Can you imagine six kids in a 25 foot RV? I don't know how they handle it. Wait a minute, I do know how they handle it. The adults make the kids stay outside all day. What do kids do when they're outside with nothing to do? Scream, yell, throw things at the other RVs, go in and out of other spaces, peek in the door if it's open..... None of that goes over well with Carolyn, who says she's about over it. It's a good thing the kids will be leaving tomorrow. If they weren't, I would probably be looking for another place to park.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Knoxville, Tennessee: Underwear Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: