Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blowing Hard

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 84 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy skies, wind gusts to 49 mph, sustained winds up to 40 mph

Hang on! The wind is blowing so hard it will push you along or hold you up, depending on which direction you’re walking. We had to stop operating the cranes at work because the wind was blowing so hard. Did you notice the low temperature for the day? That was at 0430 hours this morning. Think about what a wet blanket would feel like wrapped around the body. That’s what if felt like when I left home this morning. Yuck!

The outage at work continues along in good shape. Depending on a person’s part in the outage, we’re either a little ahead of schedule, or a little behind. Whatever the status of the schedule is, as long as we complete the outage safely, it will be successful.

The RV park where we are staying recently installed a security gate and made it operational last night. When leaving the park, the gate opens when it senses a vehicle pulling up. This morning was the first time I had to use the gate, and for a minute I thought it wasn’t going to work. By the time the gate finally started opening, I was almost touching it with the front bumper of the truck. I would have been ticked off if I couldn’t get out the first day the gate was made operational. I’m a little leery of the gate, and will be until I see it operate for awhile.

Carolyn's vertigo seems to have a stranglehold on her this week. She was so sick this evening I had to cook supper. Of course, that's as easy as stopping at a local restaurant and picking something up. On top of that, clean up was easy.

Tomorrow is my sixth day of work in a row. I'm supposed to be off Saturday, and it can't happen too fast. I'm getting tired, and I'm ready to spend a day with Carolyn, relaxing and watching college football.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pasadena, Texas: Birthplace Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: