Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Migration

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 70 degrees, clear skies

When the weather is cool and I can use the covers on the bed to snuggle in, I usually sleep well. Last night, the low was 45 degrees, and I burrowed into the covers. I didn't wake up until 0730 hours, which is the latest I've slept in some time. I was tired, too, so that might have had something to do with sleeping late. Whatever it was that helped me sleep so well, I sure appreciated it.

I had several chores to do once I finally got going. The garbage had to be taken out, the holding tanks dumped, straightening of the basement.... Then I went to the WalMart Mall for a few things, as well as getting the truck serviced. By the time I returned home, we only had a few minutes before we met Lori and the grandkids at K-2 Restaurant for lunch. While we were waiting to leave, I took care of a couple more chores.

We got to K-2 a few minutes before Lori, which gave me time to catch my breath. When they arrived, it was good to see them, since it had been a couple weeks. As I said before, all of us are busy, so it's nice to get together when we can. We had a good meal which lasted about an hour and a half because everyone was talking, catching up on what's been happening.

After lunch, we went by the library to get more books, and then it was home to vegetate and watch college football the rest of the day. Supper was leftovers, which I like. All in all, a pretty good day off.

As I was at The Mall, I noticed several RVs. This is the time of the year when the fall migration of winter Texans takes place, on their way to the coast and Valley. Bay City is a resupply point, as the travelers stock up on fuel, water, food and other necessary items as they get ready for the long space between here and the next town, at least 30 miles away. A person can never be too prepared as they strike off into the great unknown.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dallas, Texas: Where The East Ends

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: