Sunday, October 25, 2009

Get 'Er Done

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 62 degrees, high 82 degrees, cloudy skies, windy

My day off yesterday helped me feel better, and I went back to work ready to get 'er done. Well, good intentions mean a lot, but didn't help once I got to the office. I was away from the job for 36 hours, and not much was accomplished. We made good progress today, and if everything goes well tonight, the old reactor head should be ready to be removed from the containment building when I go to work tomorrow. Then we'll move the head to storage, move the new head into containment, and begin the process of putting everything back together. It sounds simple, but is quite complicated with us coordinating the activities of several groups working on the reassembly process at one time.

I mentioned in last night's post that I was going to watch the Florida/Mississippi State football game until I had to go to bed. I managed to see all of the game, and Florida won a tough struggle, 29 to 19. The games seem to get harder and harder to win. Next weekend, it's Florida against Georgia.

The weather forecast shows heavy thunderstorms tomorrow and tomorrow night, with local flooding. We're ready for some drier weather here, and if we get much more rain, the mosquitoes are going to carry us away. There are so many of them, the mosquito should be the state bird of Texas. Clute is so proud of their mosquitoes that they have the annual Mosquito Festival to celebrate the lowly insect. Of course, Texans don't need much of an excuse to have a party. Brazoria has the annual No Name Festival, which is a convenient reason to drink beer and eat bar-b-que.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Clute, Texas: Home Of The Great Texas Mosquito Festival

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: