Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Meetings On Top Of Meetings

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 81 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy skies, humid

The primary government agency for regulation of nuclear power plants is the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. They are responsible for enforcing laws and regulations that apply to the industry. One of the ways they maintain their oversight is with on-site inspectors that are stationed there on a full time basis. Another way they perform oversight is by sending personnel with specialized training and experience to plants that are in outage such as this plant is to observe activities and review documentation to ensure the regulations are being followed. I met with one of the radiation protection inspectors this morning to review our planning efforts for radiation protection for the current outage. This morning’s meeting didn’t take long, as I had a lot of documentation and paperwork ready for him to review. He took the documents with him, and we’ll see if he has any questions later on.

The number of meetings I attend in a day varies, but today was a busy one as far as meetings. My first meeting started at 0530 hours, and over the course of the day I had six more meetings, with the last one occurring at 1730 hours, just before I came home. Sometimes, I wonder how I get any work done.

The homemade hamburgers we had last night were so good, we decided to have some leftover ones tonight. Ummm, boy, those onions were good. I’m glad I was at home so I could eat them.

I had my days mixed up yesterday, thinking that it was Tuesday. These long hours will do that to you. Now that Carolyn has straightened me out, we watched NCIS tonight. As I’ve said before, there are not many television shows I care to watch, but I do like NCIS and CSI.

Speaking of getting my days mixed up, I never have that problem when not working. Someone asked me what retirement was like, and I said every day was like Saturday. So there you go. Everyday is Saturday. No mix up or forgetting.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Elgin, Texas: Brick Capital Of The Southwest

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: