Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Train?

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 86 degrees, mostly clear skies

It’s amazing how time and familiarity gets a person used to just about anything. Case in point: when I first arrived here, I had a lot of trouble sleeping because of the trains that pass within about 50 feet of the RV. Within about two weeks, I was only noticing the trains when a particularly obnoxious train engineer would seem to blow his horn as though he was ticked off at everyone for sleeping when he was working. Now, after being on the longer hours at work, I don’t hear the trains or anything else. A tornado could blow through and I wouldn't hear it.

Today was the first full day of the shut down at work, and everything seems to be going according to schedule. The first three days will be a little slow, and then it'll be busy for about 12 days. The remaining 20 days or so will be busy, but without the stress that the early days of the shut down brings.

When I got home from work this evening, we went to the local DQ for a hamburger and fries. Their hamburger is not the best one we have ever had, but it's the best in this area. It'll do until we leave here.

Tonight is one of the best nights for watching television for us. We usually watch Survivor and CSI, as long as they are not repeats. I don't know if I'll be able to watch all of CSI. I'm starting to get a little tired and sleepy. One more day, and then I'm off on Saturday.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fredericksburg, Texas: Polka Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: