Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day Of Rest

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 81 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

Today was a day of rest for me, and I took full advantage of it. Even though I woke early (0530 hours), it was later than the last week. Usually, I like to take a morning walk if I'm not working, but I was tired today and decided to skip it.

I decided I was going to prepare breakfast, so off I went to Shipley's Donuts for some pigs in a blanket. Carolyn's right, I am a good cook. Just think how well I can do when I'm not tired. After breakfast, I did a little reading, surfed the web for a few minutes, and watched a little television. All of that activity made me sleepy, so I decided to meditate for a few minutes. Meditation is so refreshing, and it hit the spot today.

Early in the afternoon, we went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few groceries. While we were there, I had to buy some more reading glasses for use at work. For some reason, I have broken two pairs at work this week. I need the glasses to make up for my arms getting shorter. As I get older, I can't seem to get written material far enough away from my eyes so I can read it.

We went to K-2 for supper with Lori and the grandkids. John was working and couldn't make it, but we'll get together with him when the outage is over. The food was good, and we enjoyed seeing everyone. The long hours at work don't leave much time for visiting, especially with Lori and her family being so busy with work and school.

Carolyn talked to Terri today, and it seems that even though she has a break in her ankle, it is a hairline fracture. What is worse is that the opposite side of the ankle is sprained, which is what's causing most of her pain, and will take the longest to heal. She's on crutches, which hampers her mobility. It appears, though that she has learned how to take a shower and not flood the bathroom.

Well, back to the grind tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Boston, Massachusetts: Puritan City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: