Sunday, October 18, 2009

Little Sleep

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 75 degrees, clear skies

This was my first day back at work after an enjoyable day off, and it started with meetings that continued throughout the day. The project has encountered some problems with removing components from the old reactor vessel head that have not been encountered before. Engineers are scratching their heads, managers are leading problem solving sessions, and work crews are implementing ideas in an attempt to remove parts that don’t seem to want to leave the old head. One of the things among many that I like about this industry is the teamwork that takes place when an issue arises. There is so much talent and experience available here to work on problems like this, and I have no doubt we will be successful in solving this one.

Apparently I got more rest than I realized yesterday because I had a lot of trouble going to sleep last night. When I was able to sleep, it wasn’t for long periods of time. By 0300 hours, I gave up on sleeping, and got up to read some. I’m hopeful tonight will be better. Amazingly, I didn’t seem to feel the effects of hardly any sleep while at work. Of course, when I got home after work was a different story. Carolyn had a great supper of pork chops, yellow squash, and seasoned rice, along with a slice of pecan pie for dessert. Ummmm, boy! It doesn't get any better. After a supper like that, it didn't take long to start feeling the lack of sleep. I struggled to stay up long enough to write the blog and spend some time with Carolyn. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow,

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Kansas: The Sunflower State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: