Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turn Off The Rain

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 88 degrees, cloudy with showers until the afternoon, then clear skies

The rain came down in a deluge this morning as clouds moved in from the Gulf of Mexico. It rained so hard that work was stopped outside as a precaution. I have discovered one thing about rain making. It seems fairly easy for me to call the rain down, and all it takes is for me to wash or wax the truck or RV. What I haven’t been able to master is how to turn the rain off. Maybe I should wait on offering my rain making services to dry areas until I learn how to turn it off.

My walk from where I park at work in to my office takes 10 to 15 minutes. Before the outage started, I picked up a raincoat to keep in the truck in the event it was raining when I arrived at work. Even though it has been raining a lot, so far I haven't had to use to use a raincoat to keep from getting wet. By the way, I also have a raincoat in my office, so I'm prepared no matter where the rain starts.

A key piece of equipment is not performing as planned on our project, which means we are working around it until we can get it repaired. Hopefully, we can get the equipment going tonight. That’s a little set back on our schedule, but we may be able to make up for it later on. The other work, which involves moving fuel and performing inspections, is going well, and that work has gained some time on their schedule.

Am I the only person in America who doesn't use text messaging in this day and time?
I see people just about everywhere I go using their thumbs to do strange things on their cell phones. Are we raising a generation of people who will have an ailment with their thumbs caused by abusing their thumbs with text messaging? Not long ago, I saw a lady driving erratically down the road. When I passed her, she was using one cell phone to talk on and another to text, both at the same time. That doesn't seem safe. In fact, to me it seems dumb.

More later, be safe.

Today’s Town – New York, New York: The World’s Second Home

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: