Friday, October 16, 2009

Cranes Finally Working

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 82 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The temperature felt much better today, and the weekend should be even better. I’m off work tomorrow, so I plan to enjoy the time off, especially with the weather like it is.

The project’s problems with cranes continued most of last night, but we seem to have overcome those problems today. Work was continuing, and we were looking at ways to possibly make up some of the time on tasks that we fell behind on earlier this week. There are a lot of talented people here, and I think we’ll be able to gain some time on the schedule.

It seemed as though I was out and about a lot today. From one unit to the other several times, with side trips to the equipment hatch. Some days are busier than others, and the fact that I was as busy as I was today was an indication that things were moving along better than yesterday. We were slowed down in the containment building in the middle of the day when an important lift was made, but work resumed at a good pace after that lift.

I thought we were going out to eat, but Carolyn surprised me by having supper ready when I got home. I was tired, and although I wouldn’t have fussed about going to a restaurant, I would rather eat at home. Carolyn’s a good cook, and she did her usual fine job with spaghetti. We’ll probably eat with Lori and the grandkids tomorrow night. That gives us a chance to see them after a busy week. Speaking of busy, Lori has a full time job as a science teacher in middle school, takes care of her house and family, and spends all day on Saturday taking master’s level classes in Houston. That’s busy.

Since I'm off work tomorrow, I would like to sleep a little later than normal. I get up at 0400 hours to get to work by 0500 hours. If I can stay up tonight until 2200 hours, maybe I'll sleep until 0600. That would be about eight hours of sleep. Even seven hours would be better than what I usually get. Wow, that's a lot numbers. I'm getting sleepy looking at them. Regardless of how long I sleep, I plan to meditate tomorrow. That should help the lack of sleep during the week.

More later, be safe.

Today’s Town – Atlanta, Georgia: The Big Peach

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: