Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day Of Chores And Rest

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 67 degrees, cloudy skies, breezy

I was off work today, and I used the time off to take care of some chores at home. First order of business was to go get some pigs in a blanket for breakfast. On the way out of the RV park, I noticed that the automatic gate the park put in operation a couple of days ago appears to have been adjusted so I didn't have to drive as close to it in order to get it to open. Shipley's Donuts in Bay City also makes great apple fritters, so I bought one of those for later in the day. After breakfast, I gathered up all the garbage and took it to the garbage container.

It was time to dump the holding tanks, so that was the next chore to take care of. Carolyn doesn't like to have the shower tank fill up while she's taking a shower. Not that I leave the shower tank valve closed. I closed it earlier in the week so I would have enough water to flush the sewer hose when I dumped the black water tank today.

The plastic grill that holds the air conditioner filter in place had a broken tab that required us to tape one side of it. We used some super duper wonder glue to put the tab back on. I don't know if the tab will hold after that repair, but at least we'll know we tried to repair it if if doesn't. If we have to, we'll order a new grill.

I went over to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things we needed there, as well as bought diesel for the truck. Then Carolyn went with me to HEB to buy what she wanted there. The rest of the afternoon was spent resting, watching golf and football on television, and meditating. We went to Victoria's Restaurant for supper with Lori and the grandkids, and then it was back home to watch Florida play LSU in college football. The big deal in this game is that both of them are undefeated, but it is unknown if Florida's quarterback, Tim Tebow will be allowed to play after suffering a concussion two weeks ago. I would like to watch all of the game, but may be unable to because I have to leave for work at 0415 hours in the morning.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Buffalo, New York: City Of Light

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: