Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Pressure Is Off

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 81 degrees, cloudy with showers

It was back to work this morning, with the alarm clock seeming to go off as soon as I closed my eyes. Carolyn was sleeping so well, I was able to get ready for work and leave without waking her up. I called her about 0700 hours to see if she was okay, and she said the extra sleep helped a lot. In about five weeks, I should be able to sleep in again. Of course, by then I will be so conditioned to waking at 0400 hours that I’ll have problems sleeping after that. I’ll adjust with time.

This was a slow day at work because of a test being performed on the containment building. The building has to be tested every ten years to ensure it will remain leak tight. This test is performed by increasing atmospheric pressure inside the building to about 42 psi, and holding at that pressure for a period of time to ensure the building won’t leak. When I left work today, the test had been completed and the pressure was being removed. The night shift should be busy.

On television tonight was a show about people who are hoarders. In other words, they tend to not get rid of anything. Some of the hoarders had little pathways through the mountains of things in each room. I don't think these folks would do well as RVers, with the limited space available. In addition, as RVers we need to keep our weights within the rated capacity of our RVs and tow vehicles. Usually, the only way people who have this disorder get better is with the help of trained professionals, such as psychiatrists. Could it be that if the RVing bug bit them that they could give up the things that mean so much to them?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lubbock, Texas: The Hub City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: