Monday, October 12, 2009

Lists

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 89 degrees, cloudy, showers

It was a busy day at work, with a lot of progress made on our reactor head replacement activities. Several components were removed from the old reactor head and moved outside the containment building for temporary storage. When the new reactor head is moved in, we’ll move those components back inside and install them on the new head. At the same time we’re working on the old head, fuel is being moved out of the reactor to the fuel handling building for replacement and testing. As far as where we are in the overall schedule, I would say we’re about two days behind, but there are several opportunities to make up time later on.

We went to bed a little earlier last night, and as far as I'm concerned, I didn't get any more sleep. Awake at 0130, 0230, 0330, and finally up at 0400 to get ready for the day. Our train we use to set the clock passed through at 0330, blowing it's horn to let us know what time it was. I don't know about Carolyn, but I'm not going to miss the trains when we leave here.

I don't know if other people have a problem remembering things like I do, but I find the best way to remember what I need to do is make lists. The more important something is, the less likely I will forget it. It's the little things that I have to write down in a list. Like clean the basement up, check the water in the batteries, clean out the vacuum cleaner, and on and on. Carolyn will get agitated with me if she thinks I'm starting to get too focused on getting things done. Isn't that what lists are for? However, I understand her attitude about it, and even she has to use a list now and then. Gasp!! Are we both getting older and more forgetful?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Springhill, Tennessee: The Sixteenth Fastest Growing City In The Country

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: